Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Self-Stitched September

Hello again from Florida! We have finally gotten our Internet up and running, and my machine is sitting on my sewing table (though still in the box).

So I TOTALLY forgot about Self-Stitched September, which I had signed up to participate in (in which to participate). I really enjoyed the challenge of Me-Made-May, though, so I'm jumping in as of yesterday. The rule for me is the same as May - at least one me-made garment or accessory every day for the rest of September. Fun!

Here's my effort yesterday:






I'm still seeking out the best photo-taking spot in our new house. Um, clearly I haven't found it yet.

I blogged about the silk top here. In all the craziness of moving, I never did go back and do a proper post on it. The pattern is Marfy 9810. It's pretty straightforward. If you are confident without instructions, try a Marfy. They are stylish and well-drafted (no alterations for me, at least), and they seem to have come down in price a bit, if memory serves me.

The pants are my purchased J Crew ones I blogged about at the end of this post.

In COMPLETELY unrelated news, here is my giant boy, ready for his first day of preschool (this year). Yikes, he's a big boy! It wasn't too traumatic for me, but I fear things will not be the same when my baby starts preschool in two years. I'll be a wreck!

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Great top and what a darling little guy all ready for school. :) Welcome back to the USA!

Best,
Lois