Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Pink voile skirt

I don't think I've blogged about this skirt, but I wore it last week and snapped a pic. I made it a couple of weeks before leaving Germany.


It's a simple gathered skirt made from cotton voile from Gorgeous Fabrics. It's the simplest skirt ever - no pattern. I cut a strip for the waistband the length of my waist plus a little extra. The skirt part is about 2 times the length of my waist, just gathered to fit the waistband. I put an invisible zipper and hook and eye in for closure. I love simple things like this. :-) Makes me feel clever and productive.


Even after I remembered Self-Stitched September, I've been doing a very poor job remembering to take pics each day. I thought about spending this afternoon putting on the outfits I forgot to photograph last week, but no, that's not going to happen. Oh well. I can start fresh today, and it will be Self-Stitched-Second (half of) September. :-)

I found the pedal for my sewing machine! Nothing hold me back now but me. :-)

1 comment:

Uta said...

Cute skirt! Have fun getting back into sewing (it would take me a year after moving, but your taking it all in stride it seems...)!