Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Starting to decorate



So... be prepared for some posts about decorating. We're moving into our new house this weekend (YIPPEE!!) so I went crazy at Bed, Bath, and Beyond today. I got the wall cabinet above for the boys' bathroom. I'm going for a jungle theme in there, planning to stencil monkeys on the wall.

I got this comforter/sheet set for the guest room. My parents are coming a week after we move in, so I have to be prepared, right? I looooove mostly white bedding. Not sure why. I guess it's the illusion of cleanliness. :-) Anyway, this is way too girly to pass the husband test for our bed, but it's perfect for a cheery guest room/sewing room.



Here's a little BB&B tip - if you go on their website and join their email list, they'll email you a coupon right away for 20% off one item - very handy when buying that bed-in-a-bag.

So, does this decorating stuff interest you? It will evolve to include wall painting and such pretty soon. :-) Sewing will also return in the next couple of weeks, along with my NEW SEWING MACHINE (still to-be-purchased)!

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Sure, it's fun watching your decorating and move into your new home. Travel and moving are a part of my life, too. It can be fun if you make it fun; it can be a pain if you want it to be, too. Life is what we make it and being positive makes it so much better.

I'll stay tuned for the next moving/decorating installment. :)

Lois