Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Quicky sweater project

This sweater was my husband's. Somehow it shrunk... no one wants to take responsibility... True, I do most (almost all) of the laundry, but I have a near-flawless record, people!! Ok, anyway, this sweater was my husband's until it shrunk. I couldn't part with it, though. It's a really nice sweater! So after a year or so marinating with my fabrics and other messed-up clothes I can't part with, I decided I could make it a sweater for me.

Before:


After:


this was so easy. The sweater was the right length, but the sleeves were too short, so I made them 3/4. I just cut off the sleeves, took in the side seams, made the sleeves narrower, took a bit off the tops of the sleeves, and put the sleeves back in.

Tomorrow, I'll do a follow-up post to my striped cowl since there were a few questions.

No comments: