Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Brave

One of my favorite blogs is a home blog called The Lettered Cottage.  It has nothing to do with sewing or knitting, but I have many and varied interests (just ask my husband who deals with the fallout of half-completed projects all over the house and yard... but I've already gotten a lot better at that). 

Last week, Layla posted her word of the year, Up, and invited others to do the same.  It sounds like a fun idea to me.  After all, I don't have to resolve to exercise or eat right or anything crazy like that, just work on my mindset a bit.  After a little bit of thinking, I've decided mine is BRAVE. 

Here's the thing.  Instead of the "nothing ventured, nothing gained" mantra, mine is more "nothing ventured, nothing lost".  Ok, not totally, but it does pop up from time to time.   I also hate, HATE making phone calls.  I have no idea why, but I've always been that way, with the exception of immediate family.  I put things off like calling repairmen, making appointments, and coordinating things wtih friends.  My poor friends are so neglected because I just hate picking up the phone.  I've decided it's not just procrastination, it's some kind of fear of the phone and saying something wrong. 

So I will be more BRAVE this year.  I've alraedy risked total failure by opening my little Etsy shop and starting a new gardening blog.  I'm off on a brave foot.  I also vow to take a deep breath and pick up the phone and get stuff done.  I'm going to be brave this year.

3 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Go for it! And, your little Etsy shop won't be a "failure." Your Etsy Mini looks good on your blog. :)

Unknown said...

I like this--be brave! I've been thinking about opening an Etsy shop for forever, but haven't taken the plunge yet. Good luck with yours!!!

Unknown said...

Following you from Layla's word party-Stop by for a visit!