Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ok, I decided to go for it with the maxi dress.  For Tammy (and anyone else who is curious), a maxi dress is just a really long sundress.  Most of the ones I see are ankle-floor length and made of either jersey knit, silk, or a lightweight cotton.  A lot of them are either strapless or spaghetti-strap.  Strapless is out for daily wear with a toddler in the house.  Spaghetti strap would be ok if I can find some kind of bra inserts or shelf bra.  If I can decide on a pattern that will let me wear a regular bra, that would be money.

I think the print ones look most casual, and jersey is easy to wear, so I'm thinking of using a red and white print rayon jersey that's in the mail, supposed to arrive any day.  

After some snoop shopping online during my two boys' synchronized 2 1/2 hour naps (yay!!), here are a few I like:   

dress 1

  There's a very similar pattern in a recent BWOF I have, and I could add spaghetti straps.  

dress 2

  I have a lot of these crossover necklines and like them.  I could put some kind of bra strap keeper under those thick straps, too.

dress 3

  Super easy to hide bra straps, but does it look too covered up top for being so long?

dress 4

  Ooooh, LOOOOOVE this one... not sure how I'd do those shirred cups, though.  Definitely need to find a similar pattern.

Thanks for all the comments on the last post.  You've given me courage!  And again, if I hate it (or it's out of style by next May), I'll just chop it off at the knee!




No comments: