Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

My $350 top is almost done!

Ooooh, I can't wait to show my new top tomorrow!  I just have to sew the hem.  I would have finished it last night if a certain little boy hadn't kept creeping down the stairs.  (How do I not rock him and tuck him back in when he's dragging his blanket and asking for "ma ma"??) 

Time requirement was:
1 hour for cutting and braiding strips for trim and cutting out 2 top pieces
30 minutes for machine sewing
2 1/2 hours (plus about another 1/2 hour tomorrow for the hem) of hand sewing!!

There was a LOT of braid to sew on.  However, this is hands down my favorite sewing outcome in a long time (and I was really happy with my last few projects).  

I'm just so excited to show!  And I documented the process just in case you want to make one, too.  :-)

No comments: