Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Next in the queue

Here's a glimpse of my next project, Marfy 9810.




This is my lame version of a muslin (but it works for me!) Since I abhor wasting precious time on sewing and (even worse) cutting a muslin, I just added 1" seam allowances instead of 5/8". However, since the fabric is a bit sheer (chiffon) and very nice (from Sawyer Brook), I didn't want to mess around too much with fitting as I go, so I pinned the main pieces together and tried it on. Took 5 minutes and worked like a charm. Yes, it fits well without alteration, yes it fits over my head without a zipper, and yes, it shall be all kinds of fabulous!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Hi, I found your blog through Me-Made-May. Love this top! The color is divine.