Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Monday, March 29, 2010

McCalls 6034


Sadly, there is only one semi-decent picture of this top. I forgot to take a photo until evening, but I am too excited to show it to wait until I wear it again. Expect a few more photos later this week. I LOVE this top! It has the volume and drapey-ness that's still in style, but the band on the bottom makes it flattering, too.

I cut out and sewed this top all in one evening - about 2 1/2 hours all together. It's so easy and I got several compliments when I wore it the next day. The fabric* is poly jersey from Gorgeous Fabrics but is now sold out. The pattern is McCalls 6034, view B.

The pattern review is here. I'm kind of surprised I did the first review of this one. I think it's a really cute top, on trend, and it was so easy.

*Ok, so I actually cut this out of purple jersey first, but I somehow lost the front piece and don't have enough left over to cut it again. I am just waiting to find that piece, and if it doesn't turn up in a few weeks, I'll have to recut a tank top or something. I've scoured my sewing area, under chairs, the trash can...

1 comment:

Amanda S. said...

This top is very cute! I'm definitely picking this pattern up next time I see a sale.