Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Wadder? What do you think?

So I had a remnant of really beautiful silk - like 50 Euro/meter silk.  I had .6 meters, so I had to find a pretty simple top.  The pattern is BWOF 08-2009-114, kind of.  

000001789559.jpg

Due to the fabric restriction, I didn't cut separate sleeves - I just added them to the front piece and even then, they're not as long as they should be.  The effect is just sleeveless.  The top is also a few inches shorter than the model.  

I also didn't really understand how to do the gathering and facings, so I just kind of winged it, and mine are more like large pleats.  

Still trying to decide whether to finish it.  I tried it on just alone like in the magazine, and I tried it with a couple different belts (which I never wear except in belt loops - I'm branching out!).  

I haven't finished the sleeve or bottom edges.  I'll just do a small rolled hem if I decide to finish it.  

What do you think?

The pattern is BWOF 08-2009-114.



If I scrap it, I'll have a lovely silk scarf...

2 comments:

Susan said...

You must be kidding! I hate the model's version, but LOVE your version. I think it looks really nice. Finish it! lol. Your expensive silk fabric was a great choice for this one.

LaKaribane said...

I vote for pic 2, with the brown belt.

Are the armholes finished or not? If so, I vote for taking them in a bit.

The color flatters your blond hair, keep it with the white pants and I agree, jeans and boots, so cute!