Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Monday, August 3, 2009

BWOF 01-2009-110

We had a party to go to on Saturday, so I decided on Thursday afternoon that I wanted a new top to wear!  Here's the result:
The pattern is BWOF 01-2009-110.

000001738460.jpg

The fabric is rayon jersey from Emma One Sock.  This particular fabric is long sold out, though.  This is actually the fabric I was planning to use for my maxi dress until I realized I had only bought a yard.  I loooooooove this fabric.  I'm really picky about what prints I like, and I love this one.  


I love this top with white pants, but I think I'll be able to wear it into fall with jeans or khakis.  I think it'd be cute with a jean skirt and boots.  

Next up, I'll be asking for some opinions on a not-so-great top...  Can't decide if it's a wadder, though.



Here's my pattern review.

Pattern Description: A long-sleeved, mock-wrap-over top in jersey with plunging neckline. 

Pattern Sizing: European 38-46. I made a straight 38.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't use them. My BWOFs are in German, and my German is poor. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I didn't think I'd make this up when I got the magazine in January, but when I got this jersey, I remembered this pattern. I think I just didn't like it as much made up in the linear pattern they show. 

I like the wrap-over neckline and the slight gathering into the side piece. The neckline is typical BWOF-low. Actually, when I first put in on the morning, it's fine, but it doesn't stay put, so I've been wearing a cami under it. I think I'll tack the center together, and it will be fine without a cami.

Fabric Used: rayon jersey from www.emmaonesock.com

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: just the sleeves - mine are just below the elbow. I confess this was necessary since I ran out of fabric, but I think it's a nice length for summer into fall, anyway.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I think I'll sew it again with long sleeves, in a beefier jersey for fall/winter. Definitely recommend it.

Conclusion: Cute knit top with a twist. If you have the pattern, go for it!

1 comment:

Amanda S. said...

Super cute! I totally forgot about this design. Aren't knit tops the greatest?