Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Baby clothes

I haven't made any progress on my son's shorts because I need to get some elastic to do the waistband.  Then, I'll just have to hem them.

Instead of getting the elastic this weekend, I worked on the outfit for the baby and was surprised at how quickly it went together!  Now, this is complete except for snaps, which I also need to get at the local fabric store sometime this week.
Awwww, it's so cute!  It does look a bit big to me.  I made the smallest size, but it's 3 months, not newborn.  The pattern is Burda 9756.  It's supposed to be a baptism outfit, but I obviously modified with my fabric choice.

Here's the back.  I think I'll use snaps instead of buttons up the back for ease of dressing a newborn.

Here's a look at the inside.  I like the way the collar facing looks.  I also used french seams everywhere to give it a finished look inside and hopefully make it comfier for baby.
Hopefully I'll be able to update soon with pictures on the little model once he makes his appearance.  This morning, I was thinking maybe the real contractions were starting, but they went away when I took a nap.  Now, they're back again, but not as painful as they were this morning.

I did a pattern review here.  Has anyone else been having trouble with the "clickable links" function on the site lately?  It used to work for me, but not anymore.

3 comments:

Amanda S. said...

It is SO CUTE! I wonder why I didn't make anything for my boys when they were babies... I love seeing what you make for your crew.

kbenco said...

Smart little rompers, your new baby will be very well dressed.

Anonymous said...

Great outfit for the little one! Love the fabric.