Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Pants!

Here are some shots of my beautiful pants, which are almost finished!!  Just need to put together the lining and put it in and hem everything.  Of course, the sad news is I can't wear them for about 7 months.  They're linen, and on top of that, they don't like closing over my growing belly.  I will model them when they're all complete, though (hopefully tomorrow!).

Well, here they are:
I got the linen and ostrich leather this past September in Philadelphia.
The pattern is Vogue 2907, which is becoming my TNT pattern.  I made shorts from it last spring.
Here is a close-up of the front pocket and belt loops.  I just folded the leather and treated it as piping.  I originally thought I'd make a bag with the leather, but I decided I doubt I'd make a bag that I love as much as the ones I buy.  So then I came up with this idea.  Can't say I've seen an inspiration anywhere for this look, but I'm sure it's nothing new.  I think it makes the pants a bit funky but still classic.

...and a shot of the back.

Here's a look at a back welt pocket, still stitched closed.  I had to work around the leather for this, you'll see.

I'll show some interior shots next time, also.  I am quite proud of these pants!  Just hope I can fit into them again beore summer is over.

No comments: