Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Monday, August 22, 2011

NEW MACHINE!!!

Oh my GOODNESS!!!  My awesome husband surprised me with an anniversary present of... wait for it... a new sewing machine.  Not just any sewing machine.  The sewing machine I have coveted for years.  A Bernina Artista.  Sorry to brag, but you know how it is.  

I've only done a few things on it.  It makes uber-beautiful automatic buttonholes.

Sews on buttons easily (technically, I guess I could have done this with a zigzag on my other machine, but whatevs)

More buttonholes.  If I hadn't gotten too many of the wrong size and too few of the right size buttons, these pants would be finished.

This is the first thing I made on the machine, the night I got it.  It's a kit I got at a quilt shop in Delaware. I'll post more info on it in a bit. 
 And, of course, I've been fiddling with the embroidery module.  I'm totally going to be one of those people who embroiders something on EVERYTHING... cause I can.  This is the first thing I stitched out on my own (after the in-home demonstration) and it was too pretty to throw away, so I put that sucker on an old kitchen towel.  Instant cute kitchen.  My house will be a sea of embroidered flowers shortly.

4 comments:

sdBev said...

Oh YES Nothing Sews like a BERNINA. Congrats on anniversary present.

Lois Evensen said...

Wow, what a wonderful present! What a sweetheart!!!! Enjoy!

Audrey said...

Your DH is a keeper. Enjoy your new machine.

Rachel said...

That is fantastic!!! There is no better present in my opinion than sewing equipment...and fabric...and patterns... Enjoy your new machine.