Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First day of school shirts

I made both boys shirts for the first day of school, even though only one was actually going to preschool (much to the little guy's disappointment).  As I ran back in the house to grab my coffee (gotta have that for the drive to preschool every morning), big brother decided to get started with the photoshoot and snapped a bunch of pics of little brother.  Then they both scrambled in the car and refused to come out when I was ready, coffee in hand.  
So... photos were taken in the school parking lot in front of this lovely white truck (not mine).

The pirate-themed embroidery designs are from Designs by Juju, about which I have nothing but good things to say:  the designs are great, the customer service is great, the prices are great.  The fabric for the shirts is an old purchase from Chez Ami fabrics.  I still have a bunch (bought it on clearance $3.50/yard), which is great.  It's a great stripe knit for boys tees.  The ribbing is plain brown from JoAnns.

Both boys were really proud and happy with their shirts, so I'm just enjoying that and not thinking forward to the day in the not-too-distant future when they'll no longer want mom's shirts.  :-)

3 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

They are absolutely darling. Love the shirts. :))))

Dharma said...

The boys look so cute! The shirts are great. Enjoy each day with your sweet boys.

Mrs. Exeter said...

Super shirts - they look great. I hope you are okay. It takes a few days to get used the the empty house again doesn't it. Put the radio on and hoover a lot - make noise! xxx