Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Amy Butler Birdie Sling

I promise some day soon (tomorrow), I'll show an adult garment again, but for now, it's another bag.  The pattern is Amy Butler's Birdie Sling bag.  I used the same fabrics from my Lazy Girl Designs Miranda Day Bag.


Here's an inside view.  I had to piece together one half of the lining since I was running out of fabric.  I also only had enough fabric for one pocket inside. 

The directions for this pattern are excellent.  Very, VERY detailed, so great for a beginner looking to make a bag or someone unsure about the bag-making process.  Amy Butler patterns get my vote now, and I'll be looking to add more to my pattern stash.

The shape of the bag is a bit odd, so I'd never chose it for my everyday purse, but it's the perfect size and shape to be my new music bag for choir and hold my binder, pencil, and water.  Plus, I'll be super coordinated for choir between this and my new purse.
In other news, I finished this dress for my mom!  It's actually a wearable muslin for a more special occasion dress I'm cutting out this afternoon.  I asked my sweet mommy if I could make her a dress to work on my fitting and alterations skills, and after I did said alterations, it took me a while to get my booty in gear and finish it.  Now it's in the mail to PA.  Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be seeing my mom until December (unless her sewing machine envy brings her here sooner), so unless she sends me a pic, I don't see any modeled photos in the near future.  The pattern is McCall's 2401 and the fabric is linen/cotton from my local Hancock Fabrics store.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

How sweet to make the dress for your Mom. :) Moms have a special way of appreciating what we make for them, too. Love the bag. We can never have enough containers to carry things around, can we!