Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lazy Girl Designs Miranda Day Bag

I finished my purse and used it today.  It's Lazy Girl Designs' Miranda Day Bag.  I've had the fabric and pattern in my stash for about 2 years and don't know why it took me so long to make it!
I love it and only made a few modifications.  It calls for batting and interfacing to provide the structure.  I used one layer of fusible fleece, and while it does stand up on its own, if I make it again, I'll use the recommended structure materials.  

It has lots of inside pockets and easily holds my wallet, phone, checkbook, sunglasses, pens, and various other little bits I feel the need to tote around.  

Another change I made was to sew the side seams a little bit to hold them in.  Make sense?  You can see it in this top view.

Here's a look at the velcro closure and the fabric-covered acrylic base, also from Lazy Girl Designs.  I bought everything at a quilt shop, but they also sell online.  The main print fabric and the blue is from a Moda holiday line, but these particular fabrics don't read "holiday" to me.  The green is a mystery quilting fabric that coordinated nicely.

If I make this bag again, I'll use a magnet snap closure, add a zipper top, and do the recommended interfacing, but other than that, this pattern is the perfect everyday bag for me!

Paul wanted to show you the velcro tab.
He also thought I should show off my work.  So thoughtful.

2 comments:

sdBev said...

This post is so well written, I thought I was reading the Lazy Girl Blog! Then I saw that cutie of a son of yours and knew where I was. Miranda is a great purse. I predict more of these in your future.

Lois Evensen said...

Very pretty. And, I love the colors you used.