Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scarf-collar knit top

After reading on Debbie Cook's blog about her current inspiration (scroll way to the bottom of the post), I finally had inspiration for this lavender knit I've been stumped with for a while. In turn, Debbie's inspiration was from Lilian's "I'll Sew You", a new-to-me blog.

So, with proper credit given, here's my knock off interpretation of the original KnipMode pattern.

The fabric is Iris Jersey, a cotton spandex jersey from Sawyer Brook that is actually still in stock! Usually by the time I get to sewing up my purchases, they are long sold out. The pattern is my out-of-print TNT knit top pattern, Butterick 3344, and the collar is totally improvised.



I'd love to do this again in a nice sweater knit (if I had one), and I'm definitely going to do a lower-cut, sleeveless version soon. If anyone is interested, I'll make up a tutorial next time around on how I did the collar.

6 comments:

Debbie Cook said...

That looks great! Wonderful job on improvising the collar/scarf. I probably didn't *need* the KS pattern, especially after I found out it's not the same anyway, but since when has needing a pattern stopped me from buying one. ;-)

Rachel said...

That is very pretty!!! It fits you well and I love the color.

Lois Evensen said...

How very pretty! And you are such a perfect model. :)

Anonymous said...

That's a really lovely top and well done with the collar. It would be interesting to know how you did it.

Lilian said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my post about this top.
I think it's amazing how you figured out yourself how to make this collar. It turned out very beautiful!

Barbara said...

Please give some pointers on how you did that collar. It's terrific!