Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

I'm late on the bandwagon, as always, but Happy Thanksgiving to all!  I made this little table c over for the festivities and was super excited to plant flowers in pumpkins for the first time (it's the little things, right?). 
This was my first real applique project.  You all know I sew mostly clothing, but I'm trying to get a little craftier.  The pattern is from a book A Fresh Look at Seasonal Quilts by Julie Popa.  It's actually on the cover.  I used my embroidery machine for the words.

 I like how the author recommended using wool for some appliques to add dimension.  I'll definitely be making more from this book!

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

How very pretty. Nice job! I love holiday items to bring out and decorate each year. They change the mood and make the house so lovely.