Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Me Made May 16

I made another quick little project - this easy skirt. You may remember the fabric from this post.


At the end of that post are two coordinating cotton fabrics I cut into for a dress tonight.



I hemmed and hawed awhile about what pattern to use. I was all settled on the left view of this OOP Simplicity, but after laying out the pieces (but before cutting, luckily), I decided it would be just too sweet and cute in that fabric.


So I decided on this Simplicity pattern instead. I'm making the fuller skirt, sleeveless, with the contrasting fabric peeking out around the midriff band and used as bindings. I hope the more sophisticated cut of the dress will counteract the cutesy fabric (which I really adore). I cut it out and sewed up the skirt portion tonight, so no turning back. What do you think...?

3 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Cute skirt! I love oranges and reds together in the same print. Can't wait to see the new dress.

Unknown said...

Cute skirt! Love that print!

I think the dress will turn out nice and summery.

Karin (the Mrs.) said...

Great skirt, that print is lovely. And I think the dress will be beautiful, can't wait to see it!