Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wool jersey dress

I loooooove this dress. The pattern is McCalls 5975. View C without sleeves. I would have put on sleeves if I had enough fabric. I could use a warmish knit dress with sleeves.
The fabric is bright blue wool jersey from Candlelight Valley Fabrics. It is heavenly soft and warm.
I omitted the zipper - no need for it.
The only downside to this dress is the seam at the waist. I mean, it's no big deal, but there's no real reason for it that I can figure. The top isn't cut on the bias or anything and it just makes a little extra fabric seam where no one needs extra fabric. I wore this dress out to dinner with my hubby. I wore a belt with it to cover the seam, but I think it's ok without one too.

Here, I tried to style it a bit more casual for everyday with boots, tights, and a cardi. It's soooo comfy, I want to wear it all the time, but I don't think this look is working. Maybe with a chunkier sweater. I dunno. I guess it would be good for going to the office, but, um, I don't do that. I think it's a bit much for the grocery store, even though I do wear skirts to the grocery store and library from time to time...
One more thing - I think I have abnormally long thighs and short calves or something. The length looks so long, but it's just to the knee. I seem to hem all my skirts above the knee cause I think that's my most flattering length, but a girl's gotta have some knee-covering skirts!

Here is my Pattern Review. :-)

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Beautiful! I love this pattern!

kbenco said...

Very sleek, and a gorgeous colour.

Uta said...

Gorgeous dress, and I think the color is perfect on you!