Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Still kicking

Wow, it's been a while since I posted... it seems like longer than a month and a half. Big news is that after 3 months in the U.S. staying with my parents while hubby was in Afghanistan, we are all back together at home in Germany. Yea! It was wonderful to have our family together just in time for Christmas. I really enjoyed the time with my parents, but I had almost forgotten how nice it is to have my own place. I have a renewed love for my little house.

Christmas was wonderful. It was sparse on the gifting since most presents are still in transit with the USPS/Army postal system, but no one minded. That stuff's secondary to the real reason for Christmas anyway. We had great family time and a yummy dinner with some friends. Um, Santa will be coming next weekend.

I've been knitting and sewing and have a little backlog of finished projects to show, which I have been wearing quite a lot. I need to do a massive photo shoot this week at some point. We'll see if the boys cooperate with synchronized napping some day (we're all still jet-lagged).

I was going to ask for some thoughts on making myself something for New Year's, but I don't think I will. We're going to a party, but I think it's pretty casual, and most of my wintery fabrics are either still in the U.S. or also in transit, so options are limited. I'd be settling for making something just for the sake of making it... doubtful I'd be happy with it.

Instead, I think I'll start on some black wool pants for a SWAP. Not the most exciting, but something I actually need. Here's a little peek at another fabric for my SWAP:


lovely, high quality silk chiffon. I didn't think I liked chiffon (all slippery and flimsy) until I got this.

No comments: