Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gotta knit this!

Have you seen the new Knitty?  I MUST knit this hat!  Unfortunately, I've promised myself I won't start any new projects until I finish some that are laying around... that goes for both knitting and sewing.  

In the knitting arena, I pulled out an old 90% finished baby sweater and sewed all the finished pieces together today.  Just have to knit on the collar and sew on a zipper.  That will hopefully be complete tomorrow.  I think it'll be too small for my little man this winter, so this will be a gift for some little boy in my life.  

On the sewing front, I have that knit top almost finished, and I am soooo happy with it.  I see much more knit-sewing in my future.  It would be finished already if I didn't have to sew and rip out a very long zig-zag seam twice before getting it right.  That, and I'm doing a lot of the finishing by hand.  It's the only way I'm really happy with the edges.  That's my life with no overcast machine.  Just have to finish off the bottom and sleeve hems tomorrow, and I'll have pictures to post.  I feel so productive!

No comments: