Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pretty White Box

I received a pretty, white box yesterday from elann. It amazes me how quickly they get my orders here. I'm in Germany, and I received this box less than a week after I ordered it. I really recommend them if you knit or crochet.

I ordered this gorgeousness to make my dad a vest for Christmas a la Brooklyn Tweed's. Instead of the hand-dyed, though, I'm just making two-color gray stripes. Hope he likes it!
And the below splendiferousness is for a vest for my hubby for our anniversary. I am sooooo late on this. I promised him a vest about three years ago. (I did make him a sweater in college, which he still wears - we didn't break up as the legend foretells!) He's hoping to actually get it for Chrismas, I think, so I'm aiming to surprise him for our anniversary in August. Wish me luck! I'm leaving for a six-week va-cay in the States in a few weeks, so I should have lots of knitting time away from him. The vest is going to be gray with a ribbed cable pattern and little touches of navy on the plain ribbed borders. This is a design we collaborated on several years ago but never knitted to the end.

Finally, I ordered this Elizabeth Zimmerman classic (I'm embarrassed to admit this is my first EZ book). I want to make my hubby a simple stockinette saddle shoulder sweater, again like a Brookly Tweed creation. At the top, I want to do a short placket with buttons, so the top will look more like this cardi. I already have the yarn, a khacki wool/alpaca blend of some sort.
I'm hoping aran weights and easy stitch patterns will help these bad boys fly off the needles in time!

No comments: