Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bramble Beret from Vintage Modern Knits

Thanks for your encouragement on my green top.  Not every piece can be our favorites, I guess.  I think that my husband's non-love for it definitely swayed my opinion even more to the disliked side.  :-)

Anyway, today I have some more knitting to share, a quick hat from the same book as my recent yoke sweater.  This is the Bramble Beret from Vintage Modern Knits.
 Don't my photos look so artfully composed?  Truth is these are the best from about 20 I took with the tried and true method of holding the camera as far away from myself as possible.  :-)

 Mine seems a bit less slouchy than the example, but I'm sure I could block it a bit more aggressively.  It has been the perfect little accessory on cool days when I craved a little coziness.  When I wear it, I wear it all day since seriously bad hat-head always results.  It's always met with compliments, though, so I'm fine with the being the Florida eccentric who sometimes feels the need to wear a wool cap all day!  With each passing year, I find it easier to embrace my more eccentric side.  I'm sure I'm not alone there.
The yarn I used is Berroco Vintage, a nice, affordable acrylic/wool which I also used for my Adelaide sweater.

No comments: