Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Vogue 8766

First off, thanks so much for the nice comments on my recent skirt and sweater.  They really make my day.  :-)  I also appreciate the compliments on my short hair.  It's a cut I've been wanting to try for about a decade but always chickened out.  Now that I did it, I LOVE it, but I do know I'll get bored with it very quickly and will grow it out again.  It is so fun and easy for the summer, though.

So it has been what? about three weeks since I've posted a sewing project?  I hang my head in shame.  Well, I finally got around to hemming this dress for church yesterday.


Pretty sure this is NOT a fair depiction of my hair color.

The pattern is Vogue 8766, kind of a combination of views plus some changes made by me.

The inspiration was a cotton boatneck dress my sister wore during our vacation.  I think this pattern is a pretty close match to the style. 

I started by making the neckline wider/straps narrower.  After assembling the bodice, I found it was a little short waisted for my taste, so I added a band.  I also had to let out the side seams quite a bit toward my waist, but lets not discuss that.  The final adjustment was hiking up the shoulder seams about an inch.  Sheesh.  Next time, I'll know what changes to make when cutting.  Of course, all these little nips and tucks would have been avoided by making a muslin...

The fabric is (don't roll your eyes too much) a decorator cotton from a local fabric store by my parents' house.  I can't help myself.  I fell in LOVE with the print.  It behaved a lot like a bottomweight cotton, I think.  Quite suitable for this style.

Thanks for checking out my newest dress.  :-)  I'll be back soon with progress on a baby quilt (not for me, I assure you).

5 comments:

Diana said...

This dress is adorable on you and I too have been known to use home dec patterns for garments.

Anonymous said...

I'm late to this party but wow... Great dress! I was looking for reviews of this pattern for inspiration, and your dress is my face so far! I love the changes you made... Neckline, waist band. Well done :) thanks for blogging it!

Anonymous said...

I want to jack off in that dress

Anonymous said...

I;d fuck her in the ass if she'd wear that pretty dress for me

Anonymous said...

Sexy bitch can suck my big penis anytime