Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Butterick 5285

Here is my first Butterick 5285.  I don't think it will be my last.  This is the swishy, but unbulky skirt I've been looking for!  I like the recent trend to full skirts, but a gathered skirt just isn't my best look.  I'm a bit thick through the middle after two kids, and I like my tummy as streamlined as possible. 


I also like how the large pleats let you use a large panel of fabric, which is perfect for a large print like this.

The fabric is a linen from Sawyer Brook, but it's sold out now.
Showing you the waistband - it's just a narrow, straight band.
The pattern called for a big hook/bar closure at the waistband, but I couldn't find one and was impatient, as usual, so I popped on a nice button.  I LOVE how the pleats cover up the zipper area and match the front.
Did I mention I got a pretty serious hair chop? 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the haircut and the skirt works well on you. Great result.

sandysewin said...

You look fantastic in this outfit. Tummy? What tummy?

The haircut looks perfect for summer. Dunno about you guys in FL, but we are melting up here in MA.

Happy Woyww,

Sandy #37

Kathryn said...

I LOVE this! I really need to hem the full skirt I made two months ago. Who knew I was on trend, certainly not me :-) I just figured it would be a good kid-chasing cut, not too short or too prone to riding up.

Tampa Bay Lisa said...

Love the skirt and the haircut!

Anonymous said...

I want to soak your panties with cum