Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Salme Patterns' - Sleeveless Dress

I first read about Salme Patterns on Quality Time.  Super cute stuff and very reasonably priced.  You do have to print and tape together, but there are only 4 pattern pieces to this, so it didn't take too long.

This is the Sleeveless Dress pattern.  Very cute, I think, and very simple to sew.  The only tricky part is getting the tucks nice and even. 
The fabric I used is the cotton voile I mentioned here.
I think this dress definitely needs a belt of some sort to be most flattering, but here it is with no belt so you can see the shape.
This was easy and quick to sew, and it's perfect for the hot summer.  I highly recommend checking them out.  I also bought these two:


Romper (oh yes I did!)



3 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

It looks very comfy to wear, too.

Unknown said...

Looks good for chasing around little ones! I like the kimono top... and I almost wish I lived in Florida/had more guts to be able to pull off a romper. Sigh.
So glad you shared!

Linda L said...

This is the first time that I heard of Salme patterns. I really like the garment you made.