Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award

Diana nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award.  Aw, thanks!  I've been blogging for about 5 years, and I think this is my first blogger-nominated award.  I think that says something not-awesome about my blogging dedication.  :-)

To accept you follow these rules:
1. Add the award to your blog;
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you;
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself;
4. List the rules;
5. Give the award to 15 bloggers;
6. Inform each of those 15 bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog .

1.  I was in the Army for four years after College.  I am proud to be a Veteran, even though my jobs never took me to the Middle East.

2.  Thanks to the Army, I lived in Germany for almost six years.  After my contract with the Army was up, my husband got a job there, so we kept living there.  If you've been reading my blog longer than a couple of years, you probably already knew that.

3.  Just like Diana, my Catholic faith is very important to me and becomes more central to my life with each passing year. Hopefully it will get right to the center, where it should be.

4.  I'm the middle sister of three girls (no brothers).  It cracks me up when friends tell me they don't want to have three kids because the middle one will inevitably be screwed up.  Multiple friends have told me this through the years, most of whom didn't realize my place in the line.

5.  I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.  I love being a stay-at-home mom, but I don't think I'll want it when my sweet boys are in college. 

6.  I played club rugby in college.  Yes, I'm little, but so was the rest of our team.  We regularly got clobbered physically, but when we broke away, we always outran the other teams.

7.  My Dad is my hero.  I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my sewing blog, so I'm not kissing up.  :-)  He's a self-made man who has always shown the highest morals.  He is just an incredibly good person.


I'm only going to pass it along to 5.  As Diana said, life is too short.  :-)

Amanda's Adventures in Sewing
Fabric Cake
Made by Trisha
Miss Celie's Pants
Less Reading More Doing (my big sister)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been out of commission for a week plus, and I am FINALLY getting caught up on my blog reading. What a pleasant surprise to see my name on your list!!!

I enjoyed learning more about you-- didn't know you were in the army. I'm impressed. :) It sounds like you could kick my butt!