Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Simplicity 2365 started

I haven't given up on this hand-stitching dress but I needed a little break and cut out a top.
The patter is Simplicity 2365, view B, and the fabric is cotton voile from Gorgeous Fabrics several years ago.  A continuation of my quest to sew down the stash.  This fabric is a classic purchase of the "gorgeous-but-I-have-no-plan" variety.  It is beautiful and floaty and slightly sheer but I feer it will wrinkle like the bejesus.  We'll see.  So far, so good.
Oh, I think I'm going to modify the neckline, too.  I've learned that I just don't really like shirt collars, even the banded collar variety. They flap around and drive me nuts. I think I'll give it a subtle V-neck above the slit and leave off the collar.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the finished blouse!!