Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Friday, May 20, 2011

A little Friday inspiration

First, thank you so much for the kind comments on my last dress. Like pretty much every other blogger out there, I love the feedback. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

On another note, I bought a top this week.


When I saw it and said "ooh ahh" and tried it on, I thought "wow. I've never been big into the shoulder treatment trend, but this is so soft and unique... it fits so well... love the color..." That familiar home sewist's thought of "I could make something similar" briefly ran through my head, but the price was very reasonable, and I like to support a smaller label as much as the next guy, so it came home with me.

Plus, although the shape is simple, the embellishment is unique. I couldn't do this would serious pattern alteration and muslins. Aint happening.


Maybe I can use this as some inspiration to "fix" the lackluster red dress I have almost finished... more on that tomorrow, most likely.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Lovely top! Isn't it funny how sometimes we're just "not that big" on a particular trend, then find just the right piece and suddenly it's a must-have?