Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Photos of my Christmas dress

As promised, here are two pictures of the dress I made myself for Christmas. I am happy with how it turned out, and I love the flannel fabric. It is so comfy! Seeing it in the photo, though, makes me think 1) I need to let it spend some quality time with the iron and 2) I need to work on my posture.
Here is a closeup of the bodice. The shaping is a bit unique and really does fit well.


The only things I am less than thrilled with are the color of the fabric and the sleeves. It's just a LOT of gray and feels a little blah. Gray is the new black, though, you know, so it's all ok. The sleeves look pretty loose in the first picture, also. All in all, a success considering this is the first dress with sleeves that I've sewn since, um, making clothes for my dolls.

1 comment:

Bonnie O. said...

That's a great dress! I don't think it looks like too much gray at all! I think I have that pattern - will have to dig it out.