Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Making a jacket!

I had to take a break on the gold dress until the organza for the lining came in. I still had the sewing bug, so I started this jacket. I'm really happy with how it's turning out, although it is very slow going. I have the fronts complete, but I have to wait to go any further until I get buttons. I am going to try welt button holes. Should be interesting since I've never made any type of button holes before. Too ambitious? I am determined not to let this end up on the unfinished-stuff-that-didn't-turn-out-like-I-thought-it-would pile.






I'm quite proud of my welt pockets. My rudimentory hand-sewing skills are getting a real workout.




Here's a look at all the work that goes into the inside. See my pretty pocket? I'm so excited to see how this turns out!!















Here's my current knitting project - a simple hat for the baby boy since he's grown out of his fleece ones. Should be done by tomorrow night.

And finally, the little man has found the yarn and likes playing with it almost as much as the kitties do...
And here's one of my psycho kitties...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jenny, your back!!! (Like I can be talking, I havn't blogged in ages) Love the projects....Where did you learn how to sew? Its just fantastic!!! I want to learn how to sew like that. Currently I'm working on a tank top, knitted of course.

Libby