Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Blue Plaid Button Down

You know, I haven't posted anything in over 2 months.  I can now finally accept that I will never be an awesome blogging superstar.  I don't have the stamina or energy or something to keep up with it for a length of time.  No matter how many resolutions I make to do better, I just don't.  So be it.  I'll keep posting when I feel like it.  :-)

Here is my most recent project, a button down shirt with contrast floral facings for a little fun.


I used McCalls 6167 as a starting point, but the final shirt looks very little like the pattern.  I added a separate button band and modified the shape to be a standard shirt.  Basically, I had this pattern on hand and didn't want to buy a new one, so I worked with what I had. :-)


It's nice and versatile, looking nice with a sweater and jeans or with rolled-up sleeves and shorts.  Forgive me for the shorts picture - we had a beautiful Saturday here in Florida.  :-)

I am very pleased with how this turned out.  I used a super lightweight fusible interfacing for the button bands and collar, and it gives just enough crispness to the collar for it to stand up.


The fabrics are both from Sawyer Brook - Blueberry Plaid and Maddie.

4 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

What a cute shirt. :) It seems plaid is in again. I just purchased a blue plaid shirt recently.

Greetings from Port Canaveral. :)

Lois

Diana said...

Really cute Jenny. I love the contrast cuffs, etc. I too have decided I'll never be a blogging superstar. I've always been just plain ordinary and that's OK with me.

sdBev said...

Hi jenny
Love both the plaid and knit.

Don't worry about about how often you post. Your life makes lots of demands upon you. We should be the least of your worries. OTOH, please do share when you can.

Tampa Bay Lisa said...

Love it! I'm glad you blog when you do...I really enjoy seeing your sewing projects. You inspired me to sew!