Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Vogue 7975

I found the sneaky, hiding buttons for my plaid vest and finished it up with some quick buttonholes. The pattern I used is the classic Vogue 7975, which I bought to make a Chanel-style cardigan. Now that I know it fits well, I'm really getting the bug to make that Chanel jacket again. I also altered the neckline and tacked on a collar from Simplicity 2473.

Without further ado, here's the vest:







The buttons are from Sawyer Brook but are long sold out.

5 comments:

Uta said...

That vest is gorgeous! I'd never have thought to put a different collar (rather than shawl/notched/none) on a vest. And it looks great, so I'll file this away for inspiration!

Rachel said...

That is a beautiful vest. I love the fabric and the way you paired it with an orange top.

Unknown said...

looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see the jacket.

Unknown said...

Very nice! It looks like that vest will keep you warm and toasty.

Anonymous said...

Your vest is lovely. The orange top worn underneath compliments it so well.