Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Third FO for the SWAP


Here is my third finished object, my second knit top, modeled with the eyelet skirt.  The pattern is Butterick 4789.  This top definitely makes the skirt more casual.  I could wear this to play group or the park (provided I'm not going down any dirty slides).  

A few comments on this top.  I really like the front twist detail.  However... not so crazy about the wings coming off my shoulders.  I think I'll modify those hems a bit to keep them on the edge of my shoulders.  I also don't know how I feel about the center back seam and back darts.  Seems kind of silly on a knit top.  And I'm not totally crazy about the back V.  I don't think it's the most flattering on me.  If I made this again, I might try a regular knit top back pattern.  I'd also use a more fluid jersey knit, I think.  I like the beefier cotton knit I used, but I think a thinner jersey wouldn't produce the "wings" and might lay easier over the tummy area under the twist.  If I could find a nice silk jersey, I'd make the dress version in a heartbeat.  One other thing I may do - tack down some areas around the twist front.  Otherwise, I think I'll be adjusting a lot.  :-)  I also need to give that hem a good steaming in the back so it lays flatter.

Despite all those little tweaks I think I'll do, I am really happy with this top, and I do think I'll wear it a lot in the summer.  I even may wear it while I'm still pregnant in the spring.  The bottom front is pretty roomy.

No comments: