Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Teething??

First, let me say that Paul is the perfect baby. Seriously, he hardly every cries. If he cries, it means he needs something, and I can usually figure out what that need is pretty quickly. That said, he cried - no, screamed - for two hours straight on Saturday. Once he calmed down, he would start up again if I tried to put him down. My husband and I tried everything - feeding, pacifier, changing diaper and clothes, rocking, walking, cuddling, playing, examining his little body for bee stings or hernias. Eventually, it was a lot of singing that calmed him down. I still don't know what the problem was. Today, he was back to his happy-go-lucky self, which kind of kills my theory that he is starting to feel tooth pain. I have no clue...

I am one of those knitters who is easily seduced by variagated yarn but never actually likes the look when knit. I have found an exception, though. This is beautiful. The yarn is Araucania Atacama in color #501. It's 100% alpace and is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. I only bought one skein but am thinking of buying a few more for a hat/scarf/gloves combo. That would be nice - very cute with a denim jacket.

Here it is, fresh off the skein:









...And wound in a ball:
...And knit into a little swatch:










On a different note...

When I first started knitting, I made my husband a sweater (he was my boyfriend at the time - the boyfriend knitting curse didn't apply to me, I guess). We were both so happy with the results, I'm afaid I won't be able to top it and haven't made him anything else. Five years later (Wow, time flies), I really need to make the man another sweater! I've been promising a gray vest for a while and had gone through a couple different yarn option and pattern rejects before settling on Elann's Peruvian Pure Alpaca and (surprise surprise) my own design. It's a simple allover woven-type cable. It's subtle because the background stitches are also knit as opposed to the more common purl. Here it is so far. I'm not sure how long I've had this in progress, but I know I started it before Paul was born. I just pulled it out again this weekend.

I also just ordered some Filatura di Crosa 501 for a turtleneck for him, hopefully for Christmas. We'll see how this turns out...

No comments: