Forward

I have moved! Please check out my newest creativity at www.southshorehandmade.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Knitting and Sewing Projects

You may recall, um, several months ago, I said I was going to make matching sweaters for my son and my nephew. Well, that plan is finally coming to fruition... sort of. Here is the sweater I made for my nephew. It's all ready to go except for the zipper. More on that later...
Here is the left front of the sweater for my baby boy. It looks kind of salmon-y pink on my screen, but it's really a terra cotta color - very manly! All the other pieces are ready. I just need to stitch them together, knit the collar, and, yes, add the zipper.










...So I live in Germany and haven't really found any good sewing notions stores. I'm sure they're out there. I just haven't found them yet. When I went on a visit to the U.S. in September, I bought zippers for these sweaters at good ol' Jo-Ann's. Of course, I forgot to bring them back with me, so my mom kindly mailed them to me... and now I have no idea where I put them! So, I went out into the wilds of Germany and found a sewing notions section at a local department store. I bought two zippers (one pictured in the first photo with the green sweater). However, I am an idiot and got regular zippers, not separating ones. Not so helpful on cardigan sweaters. So... zipper purchase number three just took place at Jo-Ann.com. I figure if I do find the original zippers, I can easily use them again on more baby sweaters. I don't know what I'll do with the regular zippers. The other is white, so I guess I could use it on a skirt at some point.

I digress.
Here is my new sewing project. It may be hard to see through the wrinkles, but this is a gold silk brocade fabric. I think it's very pretty and is as subdued as gold silk brocade can be. I'm making a simple, straight, strapless, knee-length dress with the aid of my trusty new couture sewing book. It will be an adventure, and I am ready!
















And finally, here's my studdly little man right after breakfast, sneaking Cheerios he left in his chair. Sneaky little man... 9 months old already!

No comments: